Oregon Coast Surfing Lessons
We’ve been offering Surfing Lessons on the Oregon Coast since we opened in 1989. Let us help make your next surfing experience a great one! Check our great prices and reviews. We have experienced surfing instructors who work with beginners, first timers, and intermediate surfers that want to learn, or progress to the next level. Call us today to reserve your spot. We offer standard surfing lessons, or one on one private instruction. Oregon Coast Surfing Lessons are available April – October and and are subject to availability, and surfing conditions. Larger groups are also welcome by appointment. Feel free to call the shop for more information:
Oregon Coast Surfing Lesson Prices and Info
- Standard surf lesson 1.5 hours $59.00/ person. (Groups of 1-5 people)
- Private one on one instruction 1.5 hours $79.00
- Large Group pricing please call the shop at 541-996-6335
- Surfboard wetsuit rental package $40.00/ 24 hours
- Surfing equipment rental prices
- Standard surfing lesson with surfboard /wetsuit rental package $99.00/ person
- Private surfing lesson with surfboard/wetsuit rental package $119.00
Standard Surf Lesson with Surfboard and Wetsuit Rental Package $99.00 Buy Now!
Private Surfing Lesson Package. Includes Surfboard and Wetsuit Rentals $119.00 Buy Now!
Meet Our Oregon Coast Surfing Lessons Instructors:
Dayl has over 30 years of surfing experience on the Central Oregon Coast as well as in San Diego, California. Dayl has been a great friend and surfing instructor for 20 years. He is also a local school teacher at Newport Middle School which helps him communicate well with people and students. Safari Town gets lots of compliments on what a great job Dayl does giving surf lessons and we are thankful to have him as an instructor. Dayl recently successfully completed an extensive surf instructor accreditation course through NSSIA. http://www.nssia.org/
Kevin started exploring the ocean not long after he could walk. Growing up on the Oregon Coast, Kevin spent a lot of time at the beach and working at the surf shop. After dominating the local contest circuit as a kid, Kevin has grown away from competitive surfing, and now enjoys catching waves without the contest hype. He has a thorough knowledge of the ocean, and communicates well with others. He has also worked as a lifeguard for the City of Lincoln City. Kevin can help you if you are a first timer, or if you want to take your surfing to the next level.
Tony started surfing when he was 12 years old and was hooked after his first session. Tony has over 35 years of surfing experience, and can help first timers as well as those wanting to take their surfing further. Tony relates well to all age groups, but still likes to think of himself as a kid. Tony was so stoked on surfing he moved to Lincoln City in 1988 and opened Safari Town Surf Shop in 1989 where he still works and surfs today. Tony is also trained in First-Aid and CPR to help ensure your safety and has completed and passed The National CPR Foundation CPR / AED / First-Aid Certification Course CPR-First-Aid Certificate Tony 2017-2018
- Call Safari Town Surf Shop to reserve your spot. A valid credit card is required for deposit.
- We require 72 hours cancellation notice. Cancellations after the 72 hour limit, or no shows will be charged the full price.
- Cancellations by Safari Town for high surf advisories, extreme weather, and/or unsafe surf conditions will not be charged a cancellation fee. In such cases we will refund or reschedule your lesson. We want your first surfing experience to be a safe one. We don’t offer lessons, or surfing rentals when the conditions are too hazardous.
- See our Cancellation Policy
- You can check the surf report right from Safari Town’s website. See surf report here!