Fat Tire Bike Tour Siletz Bay Beach Ride
Join us on our Siletz Bay Beach Ride. This is an amazing guided fat bike tour that starts at Safari Town Surf Shop and goes all the way to the Siletz Bay and back. On your way pedal right across the world’s shortest river (D- River) If its not too flowing too high. This ride covers over 10.5 beautiful miles of beaches with stunning scenery with the Pacific Ocean right by your side. It is mostly flat with a small incline on the way back from the beach. You can stop for a breath of fresh air as you turn around at the stunning Siletz Bay. There’s no better way to beat the traffic and experience all of the beauty Lincoln City beaches have to offer. No need to transport the bikes… this ride starts and stops right from our Shop. Parking is available in the rear of our shop. We do have a 2 person minimum for this guided fat bike tour.
Siletz Bay Private Fat Bike Tour (2 Person Minimum) $139./ PersonBook Now!
Advance reservations recommended. Helmets recommended for all participants and required for guests 16 and under.
Siletz Bay Beach Ride Info:
Ride Length: 10.5 Miles
Average Time 2-3.5 hrs… time varies depending on rider ability, wind, and beach conditions.
Elevation: 157 ft
Family Friendly: This ride is a too far for most young kids.
Tips: Always check the tides, beach conditions, and for any advisories!
Fat biking Beach riding tips:
- Try to plan your ride when the tide is lower. Look up the tides and don’t go around any headlands that may be impassable at higher tide. You want to ride safely and avoid getting trapped anywhere by the incoming tide.
- The hard packed sand is easier to pedal on than the soft sand and there is lots more hard pack at the lower tides.
- Ride against the wind at the beginning so you don’t end up 5 miles down the beach and have to go against the wind to get back.
- Mornings can often be less windy, but always check the forecast.
- Don’t ride on days when the surf is hazardous and big tidal surges are predicted. You can check the surf report on our website.
- Don’t ride in the salt water. It may be tempting, but it’s very hard on the bikes and gets sand into the drive train and cassette sprocket and that makes pedaling much more difficult. You want to keep the chain and components as free from sand as possible.
- Rinse your bike thoroughly with fresh water immediately after your beach ride. This will help get the corrosive elements off your bike.
- Be respectful of marine wildlife, and shore birds. Give them some space and stay clear of them.
- Watch out for pedestrians and share the beach with others.
- Bring your cell phone. They are great for taking photos, and if you get into any trouble you can call for help.
- We have a Strict 72 hour cancellation policy, and require a minimum of 72 hours cancellation notice before your scheduled tour. Cancellations after the 72 hour limit, or no shows will be charged the full amount. We schedule and reserve your tour time and block other customers from reserving and scheduling after we have taken reservations. Therefore we must keep a strict 72 hour cancellation policy. This policy protects our customers by guaranteeing their booking, and protects our tour guides from late cancellations and no shows.
- Cancellations by Safari Town for dangerous conditions (extreme weather, and/or unsafe weather conditions) will not be charged any cancellation fees. In such cases we will issue a full refund or reschedule your rental, lesson, or tour. We want your kayak experience to be a safe one! See our full cancellation policy