Fat Biking in Lincoln City Oregon
Fat biking in Lincoln City Oregon is quickly growing in popularity. If you’re looking for fun family friendly outdoor activities then check out Safari Town’s fat tire bike rentals. We offer partial and full day rentals. Customers can park in the rear of our shop and ride right from the store. There’s a crosswalk visible from the shop and you can literally be on the beach in about 5- 7 minutes.
Here’s a few fat bike tips that will make your adventure safer and alot more fun.
- Try and ride when the tide is lower. Look up the tides and don’t go around any headlands that may be impassable at higher tide. You want to ride safely and avoid getting trapped anywhere by the incoming tide. The hard packed sand is also easier to pedal on than the soft sand and there is lots more hard pack at the lower tides.
- Ride against the wind at the beginning so you don’t end up 5 miles down the beach and have to go against the wind to get back.
- Some guests like to ride down wind (wind at your back) and have someone in their group pick them up. You will need a van or pick up truck to haul the bikes back if you decide to go this route.
- Mornings can often be less windy, but always check the forecast.
- Don’t ride on days when the surf is hazardous and big tidal surges are predicted. You can check the surf report on our website.
- Don’t ride in the salt water. It may be tempting, but it’s very hard on the bikes and gets sand into the drive train and cassette sprocket and that makes pedaling much more difficult. You want to keep the chain and components as free from sand as possible.
- Rinse your bike thoroughly with fresh water immediately after your ride. This will help get the corrosive elements off your bike.
- Be respectful of marine wildlife, and shore birds. Give them some space and stay clear of them.
- Watch out for pedestrians and share the beach with others.
- Bring your cell phone. They are great for taking photos, and if you get into any trouble you can call for help.
More information on fat biking in Lincoln City Oregon from Travel Oregon’s website.